The Ferry County Fair Merry-Go-Round has been a part of the Ferry County fair since 1958, when a group of local ranchers co-signed a loan for $2,000 to purchase it in Tacoma. It arrived in Republic in the back of a wheat truck and, to this day, is one of the main attractions at the fair each Labor Day weekend.
The Merry-Go-Round and its hand carved horses were built by the Armitage Herschell Spillman Companies between 1895-1900 and
is a portable “country fair” carousel, named for the traveling machines popular during that time. Of the 6000 carousels carved around the turn of the century, approximately 150 remain operational in the United States today.